Admin Officials are those who are the team/league designated Timing Official (TO) & Computer Scoring Official (CSO) - aka: responsible for the hardware & process of collecting swim times through timing systems, creating the meet database, recording times, DQ's and scoring the meet using Hy-Tek Meet Manager.
This is a recording of the May 4, 2021 webinar by Andrew Connell to the Admin Officials for teams in the SJSSL. The primary focus of this year's training covers how teams and the league will conduct double-dual virtual meets. The slides from this recording are available here.
This session builds off the AO training recordings from previous years:
- SJSSL - Admin Official 2019 Training (recorded)
This is a recording of the April 25, 2019 webinar by Andrew Connell to the Admin Officials & meet operators for teams in SJSSL. It covers tasks operators will do related to the days leading up to, day of, and after a swim meet & builds off the 2018 training.
- SJSSL - Admin Official 2018 Training (recorded) that covered specific tasks with Meet Manager v5.
Collection of videos created by Durbin Crossing Dolphins that demonstrate one option for setting up two computers to execute a meet. One computer is used as the timing computer and uses SST. The other is used as the meet database computer & uses Meet Manager.
2021 Virtual Meets (PDF)
Common Meet Manager Tasks - Tutorials
The following list contains deep links demonstrating specific tasks commonly performed for a meet using Hy-Tek Meet Manager.
The week leading up to the meet (ie: Wednesday - Friday)
- Create the meet database (from 2018 AO training)
- Import team rosters & entries (from 2018 AO training)
- Seeding the meet (from 2018 AO training)
- Creating a session & session report/timeline (from 2018 AO training)
- Create heat sheets/meet program (from 2018 AO training)
- Combining heats
Executing the Meet
Day of the meet (ie: Saturday)
- Scratch swimmer (from 2018 AO training)
- Mark swimmer's race as an exhibition (from 2018 AO training)
- Making relay adjustments (from 2018 AO training)
Configure Meet Manager & timing system (from 2018 AO training)
- Including generating the scoreboard file & setting up data files
- Importing times from timing system to Meet Manager (from 2018 AO training)
- Entering disqualifications/DQ (from 2018 AO training)
- Scoring an event + Meet Mobile (from 2018 AO training)
- Handing when swimmer missed heat & swam in different heat (from 2018 AO training)
After the Meet